Sunday, November 29, 2009

Holiday Weekend

I have spent this holiday weekend with my nose buried in books. Primarily my philosophy text book.
While I'm not anti philosophy, I think that I could have enjoyed this class more with a different format.

I'm certainly not organized enough to be told ... no homework from day to day, but a portfolio at the end of the semester. EEEKS!!

The first weekend was ... ah ..I'll write those chapter reviews in a bit, they're only 3 pages each, I can write 3 pages in no time.
Then the second weekend went by ...and the third ..and the 4th ...out of an 8 week class I went into this weekend having exactly ONE summary written
Needed?
12 Chapter Summaries
2 Video (documentary) Summaries
4 Special section Summaries

That's 18 reviews ... at 3 pages each. GULP!

So, now I'm down to 12 .. it would be 13 except that I wrote one last night, a difficult one ... took me two hours (out of character for me to take 2 hours to write a 3 page paper) Got on the computer to check something out ..and realized ...that one that I'd just spent 2 hours on was the ONE I'd already written. UGH!!

Thankfully, it isn't due until December 11th, so if I keep plugging away a chapter or two a day I'll have no problem getting them done.

Now I need to focus on the Presentation I have to give in Personality Theories on Tuesday ... and the Speech I have to give on Thursday. Both ..about 8 minutes long ...ugh.

I woke up at 3 am this morning realizing I'd not done my biology report ...last thing due for the class ...and it's due tomorrow. So the first 3 hours I was working today was dedicated to Biology.

The end of semester always seems to snowball on me! This time, it's in part to my own poor managment.
If only all those people who see me as super organized could see the mess I'm in. THIS is why I'm usually hyper organized!

1 comment:

  1. omg my heads spinning im sur yours has been toi thats a shit load of work

    ReplyDelete