Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Surviving Suicide

Saturday was Suicide Survivor Awareness Day ... I tried to post this then, but my interenet crashed everytime I opened this blog.
When I was 14 my step father took his own life. My Daddy was my world, my security, my friend and my foundation. I don't think he knew that. I think he thought he was useless and a burden to those around him. (I know he thought that, his note said that everyone would be better off without him. How very very wrong he was!)

When 20 years was approaching, I wrote the following poem to him. Finally acknowleging that there was a bit of anger mixed in with love and the terrible ache in my heart.

ARGH! I can't copy/paste it and it's too long to retype ...so here is the link to it.
http://postpoems.com/cgi-bin/displaypoem.cgi?pid=416018

1 comment: