Monday, November 23, 2009

It's Monday ... lecture today was blissfully short. This afternoon, appt with my therapist. Why I'm not looking forward to that is anyone's guess. (ok, so I've not done 1 single thing we discussed last week for homework ...in fact ... I'd have to go digging to find out what I was supposed to work on ...add to that, a significant amount of skipping meals ... who knows why?)

My mood today is less than stellar. Today would have been, had I not gotten divorced, my 25th anniversary. Now, hubby's and my 22nd anniversary is just a week or so away (December 2). I don't regret the first marriage, I hold nothing but fond memories of my relationship with him, I respect him and am even grateful that he made the choice to end the marriage as soon as it began (4 months later ..dated for 4.5 months, married for 4.5 months and separated before divorce for 4 months). So why is this bugging me today??? ARGH!

I've let myself get periously behind in my Philosophy class ... a portfolio due at the end of the semester is a bit too unstructured for me! I put off writing the chapter summaries ...after all, it's just 3 pages ...until it's snowballed into 12 chapter reviews, 2 movie reviews and 4 supplemental summaries ...and at 3 pages each ...that means I've got 18 summaries due .. at 3 pages each!

I'm also struggling to understand what I'm needing to do with this 10 page paper for Personality Theories. Developing my own personality theory ...it seems to me to be graduate level work ... alas .. I have to do it anyway and I've not gotten a clue of what's expected of me!
We've told the professor we don't 'get' what he's looking for and his response has been that when he did it he had to give a 40 page paper so we should feel lucky. (the fact that he did it as a graduate student not an undergrad is totally lost on him)

Biology is done. 1 more assignment that is done, just needs to be typed up ...and study for the final (non cumulative) and that's it! :( I've loved this class. Going to miss it!

Need to write speech too ...that's due December 3rd. 8 minute persuasive speech. ... fun stuff for an introvert.

No comments:

Post a Comment