Friday, December 4, 2009

Useless information

A week from today .. a week and 4 hours and this semester will be able to be swept under the rug. I've officially been accepted at the 4 year university and am considered a 'Convergent Student' at the Community College I've been attending. The Community College I'm in is considered one of the best, and the largest Community Colleges in the Nation.

It is the 1st 2 years for 3 major state universities (including Oklahoma State University and the other one University of Oklahoma if you must know)

The school I will go to is Northeastern State University. I've heard great things about their psychology program. The main campus in Tallequah ... 2 hours away has freshman and sophomore classes, but if you live here you go to TCC. TCC has 5 Campus'. Southeast, where I attend has 12,000 students this semester. (finishing the semester)

To put that into perspective, and starting with the 2 private universities in town/state:
Oral Roberts University
Fall 2009 enrollment: 3,140 students from 49 states and 56 countries.

University of Tulsa (TU to you football fans.. this is Dr. Phil's alma mater)
4,125 Students (Freshman through Graduate)

University of Oklahoma (that other school)
OU enrolls 30,000 students on 5 campus' in both Norman and Tulsa This is undergrad and graduate students alike.

Oklahoma State University
32,402 Students over 5 campus' and Freshman to Graduate

Northeastern State University
12,000 with 2 campus' (3 when they count TCC, but then their numbers rise significantly)

TCC is one of the top ranked (in the top ten, but where in that can vary from year to year) but 488th in amount of financial aide given out. Because Tulsa County students do not have to pay to go to school at TCC.
(if they start TCC the semester after they graduate and their graduating class has graduated, so concurrent enrollment high school students pay, non traditional students pay as well as out of county students)
TCC had 3500 STARTING Freshmen this year. Add to that, the sophomores and the ones, who, like me, came back after many years of not being out and the student body soars to well over 35000 students. with 27000 full time students.

(now if they'd just start acting like they're a BIG school in the Financial Aide and counseling offices instead of pretending their a small community College! Seriously, 7 counselors for 12,000 students on our campus? REALLY?)


Next semester while my classes will be at TCC, I will not be considered a TCC student, but an NSU student whose classes are campused on TCC campus.

Slightly convoluted, but I like TCC and was more than willing to stay there an extra semester.

Besides, I wanted to take the Women's Studies class before I left, now I get to.

Assuming I get an A in personality Theories my ability to get into NSU's graduate program should be a breeze. If I pull a B, it may be more difficult and I may wind up needing to go to 'that other school' who doesn't require an A in Personality Theories.

No comments:

Post a Comment